Treats for Troops
Second Annual Halloween Candy Buy Back
This Halloween, trick-or-treaters can bring their excess candy to our office and receive $1.00 per pound.
Dr. Anderson and his team are leading this anti-decay movement by giving away dollars and toothbrushes in exchange for cavity-provoking candy.
“Visiting your dentist twice a year and brushing daily are great preventative measures, but doing away with excess sweets altogether would really give your teeth a healthy boost,” says Dr. Anderson. “Children can still have all of the fun of trick-or-treating, and now their piggy banks will benefit as well.”
Global sugar consumption for children increases by about 2% annually and currently sits at 50 million tons per year, which means parents need to be sure their children’s teeth are being cared for more than ever.
Candy, as well as hurting children’s teeth can lead to hyperactivity and weight gain. In some cases, the wrong types of candy can also lead to broken teeth and damaged braces.
Candy will be collected at our office on Monday, November 2nd from 4:00 to 6:00 PM. The candy must be unopened. Anderson Dental Care will purchase up to 500 pounds of candy and will then ship it to Operation Gratitude, an organization that specializes in sending care packages to American troops overseas. This buy back event will not only relieve trick-or-treaters of their excess candy, but will give them a chance to feel they are doing something to support the troops.
We would like to encourage participants to bring cards and letters written to the troops to be included with the shipment of candy. For more information on Operation Gratitude and their mission, log onto their website at www.opgratitude.com.
- On Monday, November 2nd bring children and their excess Halloween candy that they wish to donate to our troops overseas to Anderson Dental Care at 908 N Howard, Suite 106 between 4:00 and 6:00
- We will weigh the candy and pay your child $1.00 per pound of candy
- Your child(ren) will receive a gift bag filled with a toothbrush and other prizes
- Please bring cards and letters to our troops to be included in the candy shipment
- If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office at (308) 365-1885.